Thrift store stories :Vintage Effanbee 1970's Snow White story book doll

This lovely Snow White is a thrift store save and the first Snow doll to join my family. I got her for a $1.50 at my local Savers, thanks to my dad who had some cash on him. She was dirty, her hair needed to be a wash! Her clothes need a little washing as well, on top of the underskrit and blooms needing their elastic to be replaced. I was so excited to work on my new vintage doll that I forgot to take before photos. 

I hand washed in clothes in cold water and a little bit of dawn in a bucket bought from the dollar tree.Her clothing is made of cotton, as well as some type of velvet. I believe it is a fake velvet but aren't 100% but it makes the most sense. I replace both understand v elastic easily. I also washed her face with a cloth that had a little of dawn and cold water on it. Then used baby shampoo to wash her very odd, gross feeling hair that I then set in little rollers to help it curl under.  

I but her lovely clothes back on retired the bow on her head before putting her cape back on. I took her out into the woods for a small photoshoot. 

When I first brought her my mother thought maybe she was a German doll. As a girl, she had gotten a doll that look very much like her, but in different clothes, that had come from Germany. In this case, she was not the same type of doll but worth it to me all the same. 

I have often been told I look like Snow White, and after working at Walt Disney World, I became known as her twin. I'm so glad to add this loveling caring princess to my family. 

She is a true treasure!







Comments

Popular Posts